Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Buc-ees, Brazoria - A-Z Flash Fiction World Tour

Yesterday we kicked off in Amsterdam. Today we're in Texas, outside Buc-ees, which blog reader Katy Manck describes succinctly as "a beaverface-mascot "mini-mart" gas station that became a huge attraction on Interstate 10 near Luling". 
I couldn't resist that. I'm not made of stone. To keep with the B theme, I chose the branch in Brazoria. 

Also, Brazoria is my new favourite place-name. Just saying.

Buc-ees, Brazoria (TX)

Candi hadn't expected her first marriage proposal to happen in the parking lot of Buc-ees. She hadn't expected to catch the eye of a giant beaver mascot drawn on the sign right after Freddie stammered the words out.
She definitely hadn't expected it to come from Freddie, when she'd just swung by to get her car washed.
And she had never expected to respond to a marriage proposal with "Oh, honey, no."
But here they were.

19 comments:

  1. LOL!! But I shouldn't laugh! Poor Freddie!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it makes you feel any better, Kitty, in my head Freddie and Candy have never dated. He just washes her car and admires her from a distance until one day. . . so he maybe should have known better :)

      Delete
  2. That made me smile. You never know when or where romance will strike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that context, "oh honey no" are brutal words! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it, William! I'm writing about Canada tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oh, honey, no" made me laugh! Thanks!

    A to Z
    www.mainelywrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to make someone laugh! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Nice to hear! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. This is great. Says everything it needs to say, says it well, and gets out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Donna I really did laugh out loud over "Oh, honey, no"
    Connie #133
    A to Z Challenge.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got a laugh, Connie, thank you for visiting! I love the title of your blog!

      Delete
  9. That Candi is a Texas gal, alright!

    And Buc-ees' chain just keeps growing...

    Popping over from the April AtoZ Challenge,
    **Katy Manck
    Recommending YA books beyond the bestsellers on my new website at http://BooksYALove.com
    Follow me on Twitter @BooksYALove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Katy, it's really caught my imagination! Looking forward to checking out your YA links!

      Delete

I love comments!