Thursday, March 28, 2013

Countdown to the A-Z World Tour!

It's almost time for my second A-Z flash fiction world tour! The response from my lovely followers has been excellent and my list of possible places to write about is, as ever, long and interesting.

There is one downside to my A-Z flash fiction world tour. It makes me want to travel and explore marvellous places with far more frequency than I can afford. If that's my worst complaint, I'm doing pretty well, but throughout April you can expect to find me looking at Wikitravel or Google image searches and making whimpering sounds.

However, I am a little short on choices for some letters. Where possible, I love to get multiple suggestions for each letter, and so far I haven't had a single suggestion for Z.

Since the flash fiction is more fun (and harder for me) when other people suggest the places, I'm going to throw the floor open to anyone who can suggest somewhere beginning with Z.

We're about to kick off a bank holiday weekend in Ireland. Weirdly, for such a historically Catholic country, Good Friday is not a bank holiday here so I will be at work tomorrow but not on Monday. If it's a bank holiday where you are, have a lovely one and I'll be running an A-Z preview post over the weekend :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are set for Z now! Have a fun time during the Challenge. This one is my fourth and they just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also Zurich or Zwolle in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all the themes for A-Z. Something different from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zanzibar, Zagarolo, Zoppola, Zeccone.. good luck, but did you find anything on X?? I'm doing it with tunes so maybe you would know any Irish trad tunes that begin with X or Z?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, Xanadu? It's not a real country but there's a city named Xanadu in Utah, I think.

    Good luck with the Challenge. I'm not doing it this year but look forward to what others are doing. I've had the good fortune to be able to travel and also look forward to trips down Memory Lane.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!