Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A-Z Blogging Challenge - signups open!

Last April, I wrote travel-themed daily flash fiction for the A-Z Blogging Challenge, telling tiny tales from Venice and Bamberg and Alaska and Chelsea Physic Gardens and Johannesburg and Lausanne.

I have no idea where this year will take me, but I can't wait to get stuck in again!

Signups for the A-Z Blogging Challenge are open again. The objective is to post to your blog every day in April (barring Sundays) and to theme each post around a letter of the alphabet. Some bloggers post recipes, flash fiction, book reviews. . . whatever they can think of, provided their post topics run from A to Z as the month wears on.

I loved it last year. I asked my lovely blog readers to suggest place names, and found myself swamped with brilliant suggestions. I loved choosing my 26 destinations and researching them to find out what stories might lurk there. I even found an idea for a novel, when I sent two ghost ship hunters to the Skeleton Coast.

This year, I plan to do another fictional world tour, and maybe collect all 52 pieces into a short ebook once April is over. I'll be posting a call for place names on Friday, so please start thinking about places that could feature a story, whether they're interesting, offbeat, mainstream, quirky, dull, urban, suburban, rural or celestial.


5 comments:

  1. I already know one! Gorgeous place, with a long, intriguing history. I'll leave a comment when the letter comes up. Fingers crossed you'll pick it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this year's challenge. I'll try and think of some suggestions for you.

    If I didn't have time to do the challenge last year, I certainly don't have time this year, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a blast out of the past! :) Welcome aboard! I look forward to catching up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep this in mind, and post ideas in the next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, just stopping by to wish you luck with this challenge :)

    http://rebeccahgiltrow.blogspot.co.uk/p/a-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!