Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A-Z Microfiction: P is for Patmos, Greece

After two days in Canada, we're back in Europe (barely, though - we're almost in Asia) to visit Patmos in Greece for more A-Z flash fiction!

Patmos

Father Hurley sipped his wine, leaned back in his chair and let the sun warm his face.
I'm on the island where John's Gospel and the Book of Revelations was written, he thought. And it's paradise.
The pilgrimage was due to start tomorrow. For now, though. . .
"Could I have another glass, please?" he asked the waiter.

For the rest of my A-Z flash fiction world tour, just click on the 'A-Z Blogging Challenge 2012' link below this entry. Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Short and sweet...perfect for a flash fiction piece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your round the world visit to Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I had one of the loveliest times on Patmos on our recent trip to Greece and Turkey. Best pizza and wine on the beach!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our best trips ever was to Greece a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this theme. And I've always thought it would be neat to visit Patmos. The name itself feels special and mysterious.

    Lauren @Word Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! Just enough to draw us in!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!