Friday, March 9, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme: Preview of my Work in Progress

Rachel tagged me for this meme and I couldn't resist taking part! Here's how it works:


1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.

2. Go to line 7.

3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating.

4. Tag 7 authors.

5. Let them know

So here is my entry:

James and Uncle Max had met a few times but only spoken twice, once on graduation day and once when Max had gone to the pub for Claire's birthday. Claire still remembered him tottering in on his ebony cane, his cravat neatly tied and the creases in his trousers razor-sharp and straight. 'I'm not stopping, my dear,' he had called, in his most refined former-nationally-syndicated-journalist voice. 'I was just passing and wanted to wish you all the best.'
Claire's mates had all loved him. How many people had a well-spoken, beautifully dressed and super-cool old man in their lives? 

I don't usually tag people in memes, I prefer to just invite anyone who fancies participating to consider themselves tagged. I must admit I'd especially love to see a few lines from Paul, Donna and Misha :)

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's short for Manuscript - in spite of the fact that most 'MS's are written on computers now :)

      Delete
  2. I like it! Thanks for playing. :) It was fun to see what you're up to. Now I want to know more about these people, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully you will someday Rachel :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm, I played this game somewhere yesterday too...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!