Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blogging 2012

You guys may have noticed I've been far more sporadic about my blogging lately. It started with Nanowrimo, when I was both busy and sick, and some of my health problems are stubbornly refusing to go away. Nothing serious, before anyone starts to worry, just annoying, niggly things that nevertheless have a tendency to sap energy.

I've also been plugging away at the Nano book, trying to get a first draft finished. I'm happy with how it's going, but it's very much a first draft and I suspect huge chunks won't survive the first edit.

I've been thinking a lot about blogging lately. I find I'm reading fewer blogs, commenting less and posting less. Yet, when I do take the time to read and comment, I'm enjoying blogging as much as ever. I just feel I have reached a point where I have less to say that I did.

Which is why I'm changing my posting schedule. Instead of Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I will now only be blogging twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays.

I figure you'd all rather read something I'd put some thought into rather than a random collection of Guardian articles desperately cobbled together for the sake of posting something!

And while I'm here - hello to all new followers and readers, and thanks for sticking with me through my sporadic blogging period. I didn't lose a single follower during my radio silence and I'm very glad :)

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new schedule and merry Christmas and Happy new year! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys, and a merry Christmas and a happy 2012 to you both too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel similarly to you. I started a (part-time) job recently and feel that events outside of blogging have rather overtaken my blogging mojo.

    But new schedules are good and there's no better time than a new year!

    Have a lovely festive season and best wishes for 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me, I'll just read whenever you post :-)

    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, I wonder if it's catching - the attitude about blogging, I mean. I feel exactly the same way. Not sure what I'll do about it. Thanks for sharing. Happy holidays and I hope you feel better soon.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all hit that spot in blogging. The guilt used to be overwhelming when I missed a couple days of reading/commenting. Good luck finishing the first draft!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to more of your blogs in 2012..all the best...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Ellen! We'll see you then!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!