Friday, November 25, 2011

Saying Thanks

Fellow Irish blogger Paul is talking about being thankful today. I agree that, in spite of living in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, it is nice to take some time to feel gratitude, so I'm going to post about that today.

Right now I'm off work sick. This month I joined the reluctant club of migraine sufferers. I'm behind on Nanowrimo. Due to my various health issues, typing is hard - I can't focus on computer screens for as long as usual, and I'm more prone to typos and stupid errors, which makes me feel like I'm losing my mind or my ability to write. It's scary, even though I'm sure it's temporary.

But even in the face of these setbacks, it's important to be grateful for what I have.

I can write. I may be behind with Nano, but I'm also 40,000 words into a new book that I'm really enjoying writing. Yes, I've been quite ill this month and my panic hasn't exactly been great either, but I'm thankful it's nothing more serious! Migraines can be debilitating and are deeply unpleasant, but they can often be managed, and they're certainly less debilitating than a lot of other conditions out there.

I'm thankful for the fact my blog followers haven't all vanished in the wake of my posting famine in the last few weeks.

I'm thankful for all the love and support I have in my life.

Hope all my US friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you enjoy a year full of things to be grateful for.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time Ellen. I'm thankful that, bad as migraines are, it isn't anything worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! I'm trying to be more grateful daily, hoping it won't dissolve after November hehe. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog name and color scheme.

    NEW FOLLOWER

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you can discover what some of the triggers are for your migraines and eliminate them. For me, msg, dairy, and artifical sweeteners are huge triggers.

    Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I've heard of migraines, they're harder to deal with then sinus infections, which I've had, and those are bad enough.

    Get your rest when you can!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!