Monday, October 17, 2011

A Little Bit of Blog Housekeeping

I've mentioned a few times recently that I felt I was losing some of my blog mojo. I've been blogging for a couple years and I'm still unpublished, and I may be exhausting the list of things to talk about!

I don't want to stop blogging, but three times a week is proving a little much. So for the moment, I've decided to run some weekly posts on topics I really want to write about, that are slightly outside my normal range.

The first one, predictably, is NaNoWriMo. I'm one of the MLs (Municipal Liaisons - local reps) and a passionate pro-Nano evangelist, but I also recognise that the Nano ethos, while it works for me, doesn't work everyone. I am also aware that the blogosphere explodes into a sort of Nano-inferno every late October and early November.

If you don't want to read my Nano posts, there will be a great big [Nanowrimo] at the start of them so that you can avoid them easily. There will also be lots of non-Nano blogging too, as non-Nano bloggers are a resilient and tolerant bunch, and they deserve some content too :)

The second regular feature will be announced as soon as I can think of a name for it :) Expect a Nano-post on Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. This Nano Blogging sounds interesting & I'm really looking forward to reading more about it from you Ellen. You are an extremely passionate writer so please don't lose heart & give up your blog! I thoroughly enjoy it as I'm sure many others do!

    Have you seen this article by Al Kennedy Where the Geese are? Very inspirational & a great pick me up!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2003/nov/08/featuresreviews.guardianreview24

    http://julsnichollstimpson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing Nano, but I still love to read all about it. Does that make me weird?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A change in routine can be a good thing. Shakes things up and stops you falling into a rut.

    Good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, Juls, I'm not giving up! I still love to blog, I'm just finding it harder to think of topics - but I love doing Nano and writing about it, so I'm going to do that for a bit :)

    Glad you enjoy Nano posts!

    And many thanks for the link, I really enjoyed it :)

    Sarah - no, not weird at all! I love reading about different types of writing that I don't do. . . I just find it interesting! Plus you never know what tips may work for you, even if they were originally intended for someone else.

    Agreed, Paul - and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news & good luck with the new direction for the Blog.

    Many thanks for following mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Juls, I enjoyed your review of Juno and the Paycock :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you can always post about Dublin and Ireland, because I would find that topic highly interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellen, great to find your blog (a link through a link). I'm from Bray and have done nanowrimo twice and after getting over the jitters this year am reving up to do it again. It's really interesting to see that you are an ML for nanowrimo and I'm really looking forward to your nanowrimo posts. I have posted about it in the past and am putting another post together now so it will be great to share thoughts. Best wishes, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say housekeep your blog as you wish!! It's all good!! Good luck with Nano! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Karen - you just may be in luck . . . :)

    Hi Alison, nice to meet you! I've seen your posts on writing.ie and always enjoyed them so it's great to connect! Good luck with Nano, I always love reading about other people's Nano experiences so I'm looking forward to your Nano posts too. Last year there was a Nanowrimo blog chain, if someone starts anything similar this year I'll let you know :)

    Thanks Kitty - I feel as usual I need all the luck I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing wrong with a change of pace. Can't wait to read the NaNo post

    ReplyDelete
  12. The writing challenge in November is at the wrong time of year for me to even try it, but a number of bloggers I follow do it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!