Friday, September 16, 2011

Back from Abroad - Looking Ahead

I've been in Budapest for a few days, so I'm sorry I've been so quiet on the blog. I was really sorry to miss Talli's launch party and am delighted so many of you enjoyed my post. The weekend here is shaping up to be pretty wet and miserable so it's good to have plenty of interesting blog posts to read when I curl up by the fire :)

I'd also like to say thanks to you all for taking the time to read, follow, comment etc. over the summer. I've done quite a bit of travelling and have been fairly crap at keeping up with everyone in Blogland, and yet I'm gaining new followers. . . So thanks to you all for sticking around.

I'll be sticking around myself for a while now. I'm out of annual leave and money so the next few months will be rather more Irish than the last few have been.

There is nothing like end-of-holiday blues to make you think about your life. This time yesterday, I was sitting in a heatwave, drinking spiced tea, and thinking about coming home to Dublin.

Where it was raining. It's always bloody raining.

And I thought 'Oooh, Nanowrimo is starting in six weeks! I get to meet tons of new, cool writers and write for the sheer fun of it for 30 days! And Draft Three of Becky is going well. And I'd really like a Dairy Milk . . .'

All in all, I was happy about coming home. It was a nice feeling, knowing that I loved all of my travels this year but that I was still looking forward to getting back home.

How is the rest of 2011 looking for you guys? Any fun plans coming up?

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for lots more relaxation and fun than I've been allowing myself recently. I've got some time off work coming up and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same old same old for me. Good job I like it like that :-)

    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finished the Doorways revision one. Have economics exam on 30 October. Will hopefully be joining NaNo in November. :-)

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!