Monday, June 20, 2011

Versatile Blogging

The lovely Christine at Digging Out Of Distraction has given me the Versatile Blogger award :) Many thanks, Christine! 

Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who bestowed the honor on you. Done!

2. Share seven random facts about yourself:

  • My first ever ambition was to be an air hostess when I grew up. 
  • I went blonde for six months when I was sixteen. My natural hair colour is very very very dark brown (see profile picture). I haven't dyed it since (in spite of wanting to try going red), because I feel that I am a brunette in some fundamental way.
  • I have never owned a pair of combats (fatigues for US visitors!) and really want some!
  • I am not quite tone-deaf but incredibly close.
  • I have a BA in English and an MA in American Literature, both from UCD.
  • I absolutely cannot stand tomatoes in any form. Including ketchup, pizza sauce, puree. . . if it's not the dominant flavour I will live with it but I can't stand them. This makes my desire to travel to Italy kind of problematic. . .
  • I write literary fiction and urban fantasy, but I am dying to try romance and YA. 


3. Pass it on to five other deserving bloggers!


OK, it's difficult to choose five, but I will do my best :)


1. Misha at My First Book, as I always enjoy her posts.
2. Paul Anthony Shortt, because he's a friend and since he started introducing food to his writing blog, he certainly counts as 'versatile'
3. Mooderino, who always leaves very smart and thought-provoking comments! 
4. Paula Martin, because I always enjoy her blog.
5. Wanton Redhead Writing, for just being all-round interesting!

11 comments:

  1. Interesting things about you, Ellen! And no, I can't imagine you as blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can, Karen - in fact most people couldn't when I was one! Someday I'll post a photo if I can find one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, love learning new things - I never thought I'd go red either, because I was a brunette, too. But after I turned pure white, anything goes.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I can't imagine you as a blonde at all! And how interesting that you used to want to be a flight attendant. If I ever have you to my house in the USA I will not serve you spaghetti sauce ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, if I ever go white the first thing I'm doing is going red! Dying dark brown hair is expensive and difficult so as soon as I have a lighter base I'm going to give red a try!

    Christine, thanks! That's good to know! I wanted to be a flight attendant (they were air hostesses when I was a kid!) because I spent quite a bit of time flying (Dad worked abroad a lot) and I just loved planes. Still do, but I'll never be a flight attendant because I'm too short :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mention, I feel like I should make an interesting and witty comment... erm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award. That tomato thing must get awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to be a ballerina until my ballet mistress told me I would be too short. Then professor, then psychologist (got close), and now author. I have a very simple path unlike my Gemini husband. I was a redhead at 22 until it washed out. That was a fun week! Thanks for the links. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No pressure, Mood :p

    Simon, you have no idea. . . add in the fact I don't like mayonnaise and the world of pre-made sandwiches slams shut for me!

    Thanks Rebecca, cheers for sharing some random facts about yourself :) Always nice to get to know fellow bloggers better!

    Sarah, if I can ever find a pair that fits me, I hope to be able to act on your recommendation (stupid short inside leg!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting facts!
    Congratulations to you and to those you awarded.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!