Sunday, May 1, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge - Reflection Post

As I said yesterday, it's been an interesting month!

I absolutely loved the A-Z Challenge, and I'm sorry I didn't have more time to go through all the participants and visit them. I did discover some great new blogs though and look forward to finding more :)

Also, recently I've been having some doubts about blogging. There are lots of unpublished writers/book nuts out there, and I don't know what I have to bring to the table that isn't already being said, and said well, somewhere else.

Then April happened. This month I posted entries about
the sea, memories of my dad, Dorothy Parker (whose writing I have barely mentioned on my blog, which is weird because her work is one of my great passions), feminism (which I am sometimes afraid to mention in public because I belong to a generation who consider it 'unsexy'), and panic attacks.

I enjoy blogging about books and writing, but I also like the occasional deviations. This month has been a lot of fun, and I have loved the opportunity to step back from my usual subjects and blog about other things that are important to me.
I guess April taught me that everyone has something to bring to the table. I'll certainly be pulling up a chair and staying at the table for a while yet.

Happy May everyone!

7 comments:

  1. It surprised me that so many people were able to pull off the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with finishing the A-Z! Glad you are still round the table!! Please be so kind as to pass the wine, thank you! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad you will. Thanks.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - everyone has something different and unique to bring to the table! Congrats on finishing the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all!

    And thanks for the award, Elizabeth - it feels good to have survived!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!