Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eeep! A-Z Blogging Challenge

I was sitting at home, pondering what to post for E. I was going to post about my name, but that isn't very interesting (apart from the fact that my mother chose to name me after her mother-in-law because they were very close, which is unusual for a woman and her MIL, I gather!).

Luckily, though, I happened on Rachelle's blog, and she postedabout the reality of being a published writer, and one of her points scared the life out of me. I yelped 'Eeep!' and a post was born. Fortunately, because neither 'Blind Terror' nor 'Oh Crap Time Management!' begins with E.

Rachelle points out that if you're contracted for three books, you may be simultaneously promoting Book One, editing Book Two and writing Book Three. While working, minding family, or doing whatever else you do.

'Eeep!' indeed.

I have no doubt it's manageable - I wrote 50,000 words in November almost entirely in my lunch hours, and I don't have an especially long work day - but it's always good to know what you're aiming to get into, so you can work on honing the skills you already have, figure out where your strengths and weaknesses are and ultimately create the skillset you need to pursue your dream.

Even though it makes you go 'Eeep!'.

9 comments:

  1. Eeeep indeed!! But it's a good eeeep!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big EEEEEPP! This is something I'm kind of struggling with now. But Old Kitty's right -- it's a good eep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a good kind of "Eeep!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Eeeep indeed! I'm with Old Kitty on that one too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEP,,you must know a lot of words! I have never been published except that my blog is "published" so others can read it. That's about it.
    Thanks.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeep is right. I think I would keel over in sheer fright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That might go partway to explaining why a first book from an author rocks your sox off, the second is wishy washy and the third, don't bother. It must be really hard to give the same amount of finesse to books two and three if they're in such quick succession.

    Thanks for visiting Eire with me. I'm sure there's a lot I don't know and I love to learn more so will check out Dublin facts. I've been there twice and adore it.

    Denise<3

    L'Aussie Travel A - Z Challenge Posts E for Eire, F for ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! That's a scary thought, especially as I hope to pull off a trilogy. I'd better get writing!

    Good luck on the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a very big eeep!

    A number of the blogs I follow have been doing this A to Z challenge. It's been entertaining thus far. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!