Friday, March 25, 2011

Blogging A-Z Challenge


All the cool kids were doing it and it looked really fun - and it promises to be better for me than smoking or drinking cider in a field, which is another thing the cool kids do that looks fun :)

I've signed up for the Blogging A-Z challenge for April. The idea is to post every day (except Sundays) in April and to theme your posts around letters of the alphabet. Posts can be fiction, poetry, or anything else you feel like.

It looks like fun, and I'm already mulling over what I can do with it - I don't know whether to go with short pieces of fiction, travel features (that could be tough, but I've been vaguely intending to start a travel blog for about two years now), or just see where each day takes me.

Oh well, I have a week to figure it out!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I was never cool ever - so will just be watching and cheering y'all a-z-ers with my tinnies of cider and stinking of ciggie smoke!
    :-)

    Enjoy! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be fun! Just write down A-Z on lined paper and pick a few words that start with that letter. Highlight the matching letters through out your post and there!

    My worry is visiting blogs and leaving comments. That is going to be tuff! Oy....
    ♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so cool! I love it. I'm looking forward to reading all your posts!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty - that means at least one of the cool kids will be cheering me on, which is always a passport to instant cool :)

    Elizabeth, thanks for the hints! Yesterday I was having a little mental rant about something and suddenly thought 'I'll save that for the A-Z challenge!' I don't know if it should be under D for drinks or H for hot drinks - yes, I managed to get annoyed about hot drinks! This could be a long month for my readers!

    Thanks, Christine :) I can't promise any of them will be worth reading but I'll do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck! I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!