Monday, January 10, 2011

Not MM


OK, I know I said my regular blogging schedule would include Microfiction Monday, but this week there has been a change of plan.

You see, the picture this week is of a guy in a giant metal moth suit, and Writer Friend, who pops by here occasionally, is terrified of moths. And I would far rather the WF not have to look at a giant moth picture because of me - you see, I'm terrified of hedgehogs, can't even bear to look at a picture of one, and WF has a facebook page with which to wreak dreadful revenge if my blog takes a sudden turn for the moth.

However, I don't want anyone to show up here looking for Microfiction and leave disappointed, so please go to www.stonyriver.ie for lots of other fabulous mothy microfiction, and do a Google image search for 'pile of puppies' with my compliments. I hope this will suffice in place of microfiction.

If not, then have a bunny with a pancake on its head, in honour of Writer Friend, who likes bunnies.

8 comments:

  1. I, for one, am in favour of all excuses to show off pictures of cute fluffy animals balancing adorable things on their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny pic! Of all the things to put on the bunny's head, a pancake? This reminds me that fiction should surprise us and not be predictable. So there, lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my plan all along, Karen. . . *nods sagely*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, and thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ellie, but weird-phobis tend to look out for each other, because there but for the grace of God. . . :)

    I was in work once several jobs ago reading the Guardian's book blog archive and a giant hedgehog picture appeared on my screen. I had to make the guy sitting beside me shut the broswer window down for me because I was covering my eyes. It tends to make a person sympathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the moth pic!! Oh dear!!!

    But I think Bunny with Pancake is nicer all round!!! Beats Mothman creature any day!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was quite adorable myself!

    The bunny comes from an internet meme where, when someone was completely baffled, they would post this picture and say 'I don't know what you're tlaking about, so here is a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head'. It eventually came to stand for the random nature of the net in all its glory.

    Also, a friend of mine once inserted this into a work document and didn't get fired, which says a lot for the cuteness of the bunny!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!