Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 - new posting schedule

Y'all know I don't talk about my personal life much on this blog, but I will say this: 2010 was a difficult year full of changes. I'm definitely ready for a new start and my new year started very well (not least thanks to the applesauce cake courtesy of SmittenKitchen.com and baked by Zoe. I had two slices at her birthday party and can't wait to make my own).

Taking a tip from Christine over at Digging out of Distraction, rather than just pile up a long list of unattainable goals, I'm going to take a look back at 2010 and what my writing achievements were.

1. I won Nanowrimo with a total of 57,000 words.
2. I volunteered as a Nanowrimo ML for my region and loved it. Can't wait to be more involved next year!
3. I kept blogging, and read great blogs, and loved every line.
4. I did my first ever blog interview.
5. Helped to start the Writers' Thingie, a group of four mad people who meet once a month to write together and eat biscuits.
6. I took a class in feature writing with Henry McDonald at the Irish Writers' Centre. He's starting a new course in late January and I cannot recommend him enough.

Not bad, all things considered! I was consistently working on a new project for much of the year, but it was shelved when fairly serious flaws emerged. I don't feel I can really call that a success, but I certainly learned a lot from it, so it sort of feels like one.

I have lots of aspirations going into the new year, and I think they're attainable - so fingers crossed! I may talk about some of those tomorrow if I feel I'm not tempting fate :)

However, one of them I can tell you about today - I am beginning a new posting schedule. From Monday January 10th, I'll be posting on Mondays (Microfiction Monday), Wednesdays and Fridays rather than when I come across something interesting. From now on, I'll save up interesting stuff and make sure there's something worth saying three times a week.

Happy new year everyone :)

9 comments:

  1. You have done a lot of thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, Ellen. Your 2010 list of achievements looks impressive. Best wishes for writing successes and happiness in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen: I'm so glad my methods for celebrating the year worked for you! I love your accomplishments. And I am excited about your blogging schedule for 2011.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all :) And a happy new year to all of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had some great success in 2010.

    I wish you all the best in 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have an awesome 2011! My 2010 looked a lot like yours, some successes, some... learning experiences. But the learning experiences really are just future successes, I figure - we're better writers for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping the momentum you built in 2010 carries into 2011!! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by, Kathi, happy 2011 to you too!

    Guinevere, you're right, the learning stages are very important - I bet we'll be thankful for them.

    Thanks DL, and the same to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!