Monday, September 27, 2010

Important Post - Follow That Link. . .

Hey all,

Kiersten White has taken some time out from her book tour to educate us all about the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy.

It almost killed her two years ago. Many bloggers and readers - not to mention real people who actually know her - are very glad it didn't.

Ectopic pregnancy is scarily common, far more so than I realised (and I'm a hypochondriac, so I realise things about most illnesses). I'm not actively planning to have kids but it's worth knowing anyway. Unplanned pregnancies can happen, and they can go wrong. And I know people who want to have a family.

Everyone should click this link and read Kiersten's story. Even if it won't ever be relevant to you (guys), you may know someone who will need you to know.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks - and chances are it will be very relevant to guys at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend's daughter has been through this twice and it's caused so much pain and grief. A great link. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! And how did you write the "I love comments!" blip?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie, I'm so sorry to hear about what your friend's daughter went through. Raising awareness is definitely a step in the right direction.

    Christine, go to your dashboard and click on 'Settings', then go to the 'Comments' tab and at the bottom you'll see a box marked 'Comment Form Message'. Type what you like in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some really important information there, particularly for myself and Jen. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!