The extremely funny and talented Talli Roland's debut novel, The Hating Game, is due for release early next year. If it's half as entertaining as her blog, I'm going to be very happy (Talli's blog is a must-read for all writers in need of a smile, especially those of us who suffer from Writer's Arse).
However, it is being released for the Kindle on December 1st, and Talli is trying to get 1,000 bloggers to participate in a Blogsplash on the day.
All you have to do to participate is sign up on Talli's blog (follow the link above) and then on December 1st, post a short paragraph on your blog. Talli will send you on the text - you can just copy and paste.
I'm taking part, and here's a few reasons why:
1. Talli is published by an indie press, Prospera Publishing, who send out a lovely newsletter and generally seem rather nice. I'd like to see them enjoy success.
2. Talli is a debut writer - and don't we all need to believe that they can take over the world?
3. I believe the future of publishing will be all about ebooks and smaller presses, and I'd like to support them from the get-go.
4. You don't need a Kindle to read the ebook. There is a program you can download to allow you to read Kindle books from your computer. I didn't know this until Talli announced her Blogsplash and I'm bloody glad I know it now, so this seems a nice way to say thanks. . .
5. Wouldn't it be cool to know what bloggers can do if we band together? We could be responsible for what books top the Kindle chart. Or we could get 1,000 people to donate a fiver each to charity and raise five grand before breakfast. Or we could create a super-cool blogger army, roaming the earth armed with biros and encouraging people to write.
But we'll never know if we don't experiment with the collective power of blogging . . . :p