Monday, February 1, 2010

Comfort Reads Strike Back

I am now moved into my new flat. As I am Irish, it is a flat and not an apartment :p

I was sorry to leave my old place, which I liked a lot, but the new place is nice too and the location is great for me. I'm closer to my favourite bakery but further from my favourite pub, so Fat and Sober may be my watchwords for the next while. . . and please don't ask how my new year's resolution to get fitter is going :) Also, I'm a little unsettled to find out that I measure my life in terms of proximity to bakeries and pubs.

Anyway, I still have a lot of tidying and sorting to do on the new place, so apart from the second meeting of the Writers' Thingie tomorrow night, I'm unlikely to get very much writing done for a little while longer. Also, during periods of transition in life, I tend to retreat into my Comfort Reads.

But I feel bad about neglecting my little green blog, so instead of blogging about writing and books, I'm going to review some books over the next week or two.

This is mostly just to let you guys know that I'm still reading and commenting when I can, and will be writing new posts as soon as I can.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck in your new home and well wear! I look forward to your book reviews. My wallet is holding it's breath, but I'm excited.

    Oh and it's boot not trunk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann - and I must have used and heard the word 'boot' about fifty times yesterday!

    Also, it's a hall door and not a front door, a press and not a cupboard, a hot press and not an airing cupboard, and delph, not crockery,
    so as soon as I'm in the hall door this evening I'll be putting all the delph in the press and having a cup of Barry's tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Good luck in your new flat! Happy new flat-move!

    Hopefully it'll be Well Fed and Ever So Slightly and Happily Inebriated soon.

    I look forward to your reviews soon.

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for moving to your new flat! I am the same way with my location being close to things, I have a wine bar, a coffee shop, and a mexican restaurant all within walking distance!

    I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move, Ellen. Definitely a time for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the move .. get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the good luck, everyone :D Everything is moved in and unpacking has started. I have my writers' group tonight but tomorrow night the first order of business is clearing crap off the floor!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!