No, it isn't the crappest ever Doctor Who villain.
It is the latest step on my writing journey.
My novel exists in about twenty different files on my laptop (also backed up on my netbook and a disk key, before anyone worries). And at the inaugural meeting of the writers' group I'm in, I did a momentous thing. I opened a single document, entitled Rosie_ALL_FirstDraft1. One of my two timelines is now all in a single document. I'm doing a rough line-edit as I try to figure out if my chapter divisions are in the right place, and where I should fade back into the present day timeline. As it's heavier on reading than writing, it's good for my injured wrist.
As we are still talking about a first draft here, it isn't very final. All of the material in aforesaid file will have to go through all kinds of rewrites and drafts and restructures and tears and weeping and gnashing of teeth.
But it's starting to look like it might be a book, once I chip away all the parts that aren't book.