Monday, December 7, 2009

Words Move Me

I probably shouldn't mention this, as it will only increase the competition, but Rachelle Gardner is running a contest over at her blog. The prize is a Sony e-reader and to enter, you have to register on WordsMoveMe.com and enter a quote or a thought about a book that moved you. Tag it as outlined on Rachelle's blog and pop back to Rachelle's blog to leave a comment.

Simple enough, right?

Turns out no. I am suffering from an embarrassment of choice. I've submitted one, but since I can submit up to three, I'm not out of the woods yet.

The problem is that there are so many. Paul Monette on the phone in Borrowed Time, in the early years of the AIDS epidemic in America, trying to find healthcare for his dying lover through an underground network because so few doctors would treat people with AIDS. Amber St. Clare in Forever Amber, nursing Bruce Carlton through the plague. Dunstan Thorn telling his son Tristran a strange love story in Stardust. Siddalee Walker returning the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood to her mother. Lily in Fall On Your Knees, when her sister claimed to be the Devil, hugging her and telling her not to scared.

I foresee an evening at home raiding the bookshelves for ideas.

Oh, darn. However will I cope?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!